Monday, May 31, 2010

My Wild Weekend

This past weekend my mom, dad, and I went up to my grandparent's cabin, by Park City, to work on some stuff and to just have a relaxing weekend in one of my favorite places of all time.


There were a few things this weekend that threw me off guard and I thought, "did that really just happen!?" OK, here we go.

1) I have seen about 5 moose (moosen? jk) in my lifetime that I can actually remember. When you visit the cabin you always see deer. Always. But I have deer living in the field behind my house. They're everywhere. They're like squirrels. So this cabin trip I was determined to see something awesome. Like a porcupine. jk. Like a MOOSE! I wrote Allyse a text telling her I wanted to see a moose, hit send, looked up, and freakin' saw a MOOSE!!! Now, I understand that a moose is not as awesome as I am making it sound, but you cannot deny how crazy that timing was! I mean come on, did that really just happen!?

2) So, just when I thought I was satisfied with my wildlife sightings, mother nature blew my mind again. Mom, dad, and I were driving to a home depot in Park City to grab some stuff. Getting off the exit I hear, "is that a buffalo!?" two seconds later, "Ah! is that a zebra!?" ...what?! That's right folks. In what looks like a beautiful, normal Park City neighborhood is a backyard, home to a BUFFALO, ZEBRA, and a donkey (he's not as cool as the other two so he doesn't get to be upper cased). We tried to come up with reasons why/how a person could have 3 completely different wild animals (ok, a donkey isn't wild but go with it) in their yard, in a neighborhood (not a farm), in Park City. All I could think was, holy crap, did that really just happen!? ...mind...blown...
Behold, the buffalo and the zebra. This is a picture of a picture. My cell phone isn't as cool as yours probably is, so I can't skip the middle man and upload it onto here....I feel no shame...


3) One of the things I love about my mom is her love for hosting parties. If someone could be a professional "hostess of parties," it would be Jan Massie. The cabin was no exception. She packed a whole box of alcohol and we boozed it up every night. KIDDING! We don't do that. But we did make some yummy cocktails. I was telling them that I don't get the point of cocktails that taste like normal fruit juice. I don't really like juice so why am I drinking this cocktail? because it has alcohol in it, so it's different? I don't get it. Anyway! I was telling them all of this and how my drink only tastes like cranberry juice when my mom yells from down the hall, "just put more vodka in it!"
This moves us into a new blog section I like to call, "hilarious things my mom says."
1) "Milkyway Bars...I could take a bath in them."

2) "just put more vodka in it!"

3) and my personal favorite, "oooh! look how pretty that dirt is!" ...I had no idea a mound of fresh dirt could be pretty.

Oh mom, you're so cool, but did that really just happen? :)


So it was a pretty exciting weekend to say the least.
I had a blast with the parents and Kellie (the dog), and I hope your weekend was fun too.

3 comments:

Jan said...

More vodka makes perfect sense to me xxxooo

Megan Van Wagoner said...

Haha! You're mom would say more vodka! I love your mom, she cracks me up! I worked most of the weekend but I did have a grizzly burger and pahaska tepee outside of yellowstone (but it wasn't realy grizzly just beef boo)

pilgrimchick said...

I concur on the Milky Way Bars, actually. A bear cub just made its way through my front yard, so I can completely understand how you feel.