Thursday, April 01, 2010

My unintentional post about Catalina

Well, it's spring so that means time for a new background! This photo was actually taken by my friend Cody T, so thanks Cody for a great image!


I know I haven't blogged in 2 months and this post isn't going to change that. Most of the time when I want to blog it takes longer than I expect and I have to stop and go back to it later. Currently I have a few unfinished posts that will probably stay unfinished. Sorry folks for the disappointment.

I'm going to say a few things about my trip to Catalina (I guess this is turning into a real post after all).
Catalina was perfect.

I studied the first half of Mark with a group of 12 or so for 8 hours a day. We would have breakfast, have session (that's when we study Mark) for 3 hours, eat lunch, have free time for 3 hours, session again for 2 hours, eat dinner, session for 2-3 hours, go to bed. I learned so much about Jesus and his word that I didn't realize before. I loved every minute of it. and I really love these guys.

Plus, the entire time I was 50 ft away from the ocean. I ate dinner with dolphins jumping in the background, and woke up to hear seals "barking" by the dock. One night I slept on the beach and fell asleep to waves crashing and thousands of stars shining above my head. I felt very small in that moment, but so peaceful and comforted. God is so amazing.

During free time I swam, kayaked, had good conversation,

and played in a beach volleyball tournament where my team won! Take that Chico State! Go Wildcats!

We all look special in this photo but trust me, on the court we were very intimidating.

One day we hiked to the city of Avalon on the other side of the island. The hike was brutal but the view was fantastic once we got to the top, and it was fun to walk around Avalon.

At the top with Allyse and looking down into Avalon.






What else can I say about Catalina...?
I loved it.
I'm going back next spring break.
You should come with me.

Thanks for listening.

3 comments:

micah said...

im glad you enjoyed it!

Claire said...

Looks beautiful! Glad you got some time away and had fun!

pilgrimchick said...

That's a beautiful place--and it looks like great weather, too. I don't blame you for enjoying it and not blogging.