Monday, February 15, 2010

My Funny Valentine

I love Valentine's Day. I blame my parents. When I was younger my mom would decorate the house with paper hearts and cupids, and we would always make Valentines cards for everyone. My dad would get us kids a gift. Usually just chocolate bunnies and such, and this year dad got me a chocolate bunny. Love ya Papa.

I also love Valentines Day because when I was eleven I had a Valentines party. I invited some of my friends over and we decorated our own cupcakes with red, white and pink sprinkles, and candy hearts. Back when they said "be mine," and, "true love." Now they say, "tweet me," and "text me." Lame.

We also played games that I found out of my American Girl magazine. I worshiped that magazine.


So Valentines Day for me has always been more than just a day you celebrate because you're in a relationship with someone. It is a nice perk however! This year Gerald still got me something even though he's in Afghanistan. How sweet. Now for those of you who don't really know G, he is extremely cheesy. Cheese to the max, is what I always say. He also loves the cliche lines and the cheesier the better. What a goober. I love it. So knowing that, this years gift was not out of the ordinary. Behold.....the hoodie-footie snuggle suit.


Now, I never remembered having footie pajamas when I was a kid, so having them as an adult is different. I don't know what to do with it....I also feel like the kid in the Christmas story when he wears the bunny suit, so I call this the "bunnie snuggie." The feet zip off and it has a hood. Not sure why it has a hood, but I've only had it for 2 nights so maybe the reasoning for the hood will present itself soon. It's really soft and warm, but sometimes too warm. Some people have suggested that I wear it camping, so it will get some extra good usage from that on those cold nights. Gerald suggested that I stuff it with newspaper and act like it's a real person....at least if I do that I'll get to ride in the carpool lane! ;) and freak some people out when I take it to the movies, ya know, the usual.
I love you Gerald! Happy Valentine's Day!


Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

5 comments:

Jan said...

I can always snip the thing and transform it into a purse or two?

Kelli said...

I knew you were a "closet" Snuggie lover. But I'm with ya. I LOVE valentines day. My dad would always get me a treat or flowers and remind me that I was his valentine. Plus It's the one holiday that I can make everyrhing pink, hot pink, soft pink, rose pink etc...

Claire said...

Hilarious! I say wear it ALL the time.. camping shmamping! Wear that thing OUT and about!

Meredith said...

That is precious!!!!! How many more days till he comes home? Love ya and hope you're doing well!

pilgrimchick said...

I remember Valentine's Day in elementary school. Those candy hearts are so overrated.