Tuesday, October 03, 2006

thoughts...

i'm not sure what to post about.
i haven't posted for a while.
sometimes life is so confusing.
why is it so hard to be disciplined in prayer and reading?
i get distracted so easily that God fades into the background.
sometimes i wish it came natural.
do i really rely on God like i say i do?
for bible study Terry typed up some questions that have been hard for me to answer...
-what's one thing you could to this year to increase your enjoyment of God?
-what one thing could you do to improve your prayer life this year?
-what's the most important need you feel burdened with this year?
-what is the single biggest time-waster in your life, and what will you do about it this year?
that's just a few of them.
this is what it says at the top of the page that hit me hard...
"once, when people of God had become careless in their relationship with Him, the Lord rebuked them through the prophet Haggai. "consider your ways!" (Haggai 1:5) he declared, urging them to reflect on some of the things happening to them, and to evaluate their spirituality in light of what God had told them. even those most faithful to God occasionally need to pause and think about the direction of their lives. it's so easy to bump along from one busy week to another without ever stopping to ponder where we're going and where we should be going.
enough said...that is all...

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Wow! Those are some tough questions! I have struggled with the same things for so long and like you said I wish it came natural for me.
It's so overwhelming most of the time that discouragement sets in before you can do anything about it.
I know that God is faithful and he will reveal himself to those that desire to know him more. He's looking for willing hearts and obedient spirits.
Don't be dicouraged Sarah. Keep running the race!
have a wonderful week! See you in India in just over 2 months!

Whitney said...

All I can say is that I'm right there with you. I couldn't say it last night but I think it's next to, if not impossible, to put God as the center. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who struggles even though I wish none of us did! But if it wasn't a struggle then it wouldn't be worth it right? :)

Jan said...

Its a battle, battles take effort but the reward is sweet relationship with the Most High God!