Tuesday, July 10, 2012

My Big Move

*ahem* is this thing on?

Oh, hello there! So glad to see you're still hanging around even though this site seems like a ghost town. Well, it's no big secret that I don't write posts that frequently except with major events or when I want to update you all on my life. So let's continue with tradition shall we?

Gerald and I moved out of our apartment on 2nd and into a new flat in South Weber.
Meet our new landlords! They're my parent's for those of you who didn't know.


That's right, we are now basement dwellers and it's awesome. My parent's have been renting their basement for the past 4 years or so and were soon to be out of tenants. What a coincidence that at the same time our lease was up for our apartment. So we decided to move.

It's a win-win for both parties. We save money since rent is cheaper than the old place, there's a beautiful yard, more space, and our landlords throw some fun parties every so often ;) We're also providing some income for my parent's and are available to help them with whatever they need.

Like I said, my parent's have turned the basement into an apartment. Full kitchen, laundry, separate entrance. It's lovely. Our plan is to stay here a year or so. With the money we'll be saving we hope to eventually buy a house or use it towards schooling depending on what G decides to do after getting his bachelors.

So if you're in the neighborhood come stop by and see our new place!



Shout out to all of you who helped us move!

The Bute fam. Yes, even little Lucy was there to help boost moral!


The in-laws!


The Eppens/Madigan clan.


Derek!
.

and mom and pop.


You guys are wonderful and we love you all!

1 comment:

Jan said...

Best Tenants Ever - group hug! xxooo