Saturday, December 08, 2007

my first all nighter.

So i had a big project due on Friday (dec 7) in my Interior Design class. i thought i was on top of everything but i was wrong! i took 16 credits this semester. Big mistake when those 7 classes take up all of your time. so it's the last week before finals and i am cramming to get everything finished. i'm trying not to freak out thursday night thinking about how much i still have to do before i'm finished, but once i accepted that it was going to be a long night then i was feeling a little better. i just didn't know how long that night would actually be. so heres how it went down. i was working on a drawing and rendering it (which means coloring it a special way. i have my own design lingo!) and i looked at the clock and it was 3:00!!! and i wasn't even halfway finished! so i keep working. my parents wake up. at that time i'm probably halfway, but there are still big things i have to finish, and small things that take just as much time to do. it's 7:00am and i'm still not finished! my first class is at 8:00 and i had to miss it (that's ok. i didn't really need to go anyway), because i'm not even finished. i was still rushing to get everything put together by the time i leave at 9:00. what an eventful night. that's right, i did not sleep one minute that night.
so as my day goes on i'm feeling ok. i'm not really tired. i'm a little spacey, but awake. so i had a full night, school load, work, and then babysitting that night. man! so before i actually went to bed that night, i had been awake for 39 hours!
what a day. hopefully that will never happen again.
at least i never looked like this during that entire thing.

2 comments:

Leah said...

My first (an only) all nighter my roommate and I stayed up all night to write a paper. The next morning we were reading over each other's papers and their was an entire paragraph in her paper about snowballs! (We were supposed to be writing about africa.) I am not built to stay up all night, I did it once and swore I would never do it again. To this day if I am tired I just go to bed, because I HATE the feeling of trying to stay awake... nothing is worth that feeling. :)

Whitney said...

Those were the days....