Saturday, April 14, 2007

my home away from home.

my grandparents own a small cabin up in the mountains called "little italy," and we ( me, mom, dad, craig and his friend zac) went up there today. i haven't been up to the cabin in a couple of years, so it was so nice to be there today. every winter and summer my family would go up to the cabin for as long as i can remember. there is so much to do up there, but today we busted out the motercycles. we had 3 of them, but only one of them came to life today. my grandpa bought the "100 honda" in 1979, and it still works! that thing is amazing. my grandma and i took a walk up to "dale's" house. he is a bit strange, but has 2 goats that rock. on our walk, my grandma told me that the cabin is her "heaven," and in a small way it is for me too. i love that place. it's more than just a childhood memory. i walked around the place looking at everything that used to look so huge when i was smaller. there's a post hanging off of the back porch that i couldn't even jump and touch when i was smaller, but today i almost bumped my head on it. i used to play in the dirt up there, and make forts out of the trees, and craig and i would chase animals, and breakfast always smelled better when you woke up in the cabin. i'm so happy that "little italy" is going to be around for a long time. i think that eveyone should have a place like the cabin. what's your place?
that is all.

No comments: