Saturday, July 02, 2011

My Random Thoughts

Hello.
Here are some thoughts that are going through my head at this moment that I'd like to share/update with you lovely people.

I started another internship. I'm at Highland Interiors in SLC working with 3 unique and talented individuals. There's Mac, the boss from across the pond, Ilan (elan), Mac's right-hand man from Venezuela, and Lacy, the one that keeps them both under control. We're a pretty diverse group and I like to think I fit in well with them.
One reason I like hanging around this firm is because of their clientele. We're talking big money spenders here, so I get to see some pretty awesome places. Including one house that I'm convinced is being built just for the husband's cars. The garage has a hydraulic platform that lowers cars down into the basement. It's the ultimate man space, or batcave, however you want to see it :) Either way, 10 cars can fit in the space.

Wedding plans are moving along pretty well I think. We just have to meet with caterers/cake/and flower people to finalize everything, take pictures and order invitations. It's still a lot, but at least I found my dress and got that off my mind. My only worry is weather. It better not rain. We have an alternate location in case it does, but it better not!

We have an apartment now. Gerald moved in last week and I'll move in after the wedding. It's in a great location off of Washington (Harrisville, technically...?), and once we get some furniture in there it'll look awesome! One thing I've found out while looking for furniture is that even though I'm an Interior Designer, I'm having a really difficult time designing my own home. I think it's because I like too many different things and I can't figure out how to make them work together. Or it's because I can't decide how I want the space to look...But I think it's Gerald's fault. jk. :) but I dont' know how to mix his style in with mine and that's what's getting me stuck. But we do have 3 months to figure it out and the rest of our lives to get it accomplished! :)

In June I visited Texas for the first time. I went with Gerald's family down to San Antonio to have a fun time at the beach and visit the rest of the family. The beach was awesome and Gerald's family wasn't too bad either :) They also took me to their old house where they grew up and I'm glad I got to see that part of Gerald's history.
I loved the vacation time, but Texas was hot, humid and not very pretty to look at. Sorry Texas fans...I did however, enjoy the river walk in downtown San Antonio along with Alamo. Who doesn't like the Alamo!?

Adios Muchachos!

That is all.

2 comments:

Lopo said...

Texas is WAY too humid, I agree :)

Jan said...

You're still so busy that you've missed: Secrets from a Stylist, but I know you'll figure it out xxooo