Monday, August 09, 2010

My 9/8c

For the past 10 weeks my 8pm time slot on Monday nights has been filled with laughing hysterically while watching Last Comic Standing. Have you seen in? If not then too bad! The finale was tonight and you missed it!...sucker.
But! on the off chance that you weren't offended by me calling you a loser, you should check it out next season and allow me to tell you about what you missed this season.
This season Filipe Esparza won.

Boo!
Tommy Johnigan should have won, but alas, he got second place.

My favorite part of the finale had nothing to do with the contest. Tom Papa was a guest performer and he made my parents and I laugh so hard. Some of you may know him as the host of the hilarious show, Marriage Ref.
Watch it. Laugh. Go. Now!
Last Comic Standing - Tom Papa's Stand-Up Performance - Video - NBC.com

Here's my favorite bit from Tommy Johnigan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXg2DhIqFcY

One of the reasons I love this show is because you get to hear a variety of comedians every week. Endless laughing! Also, when people get kicked off it's no big deal. Yeah, they're bummed, but it's completely different compared to watching someone get kicked off American Idol or SYTYCD. They play a video to "remember their journey" but it's happy, hilarious, and no one cries. Score. Oh yeah, did I mention Craig Robinson (Darrel from The Office) was the host? What a riot!
So there you have it. Hope that impacted your life in some way.
That is all.

3 comments:

Jan said...

He should have won! I saved Tom Papa's bit, "I smell a rainbow", "lets have chocolate cake, its in the rules"

Claire said...

In college I saw Tom Papa perform at a club and I STILL remember how hilarious his routine was!

pilgrimchick said...

I haven't seen this show since one of the earliest seasons, actually. It may be worth another look...