Sunday, July 04, 2010

My Wasatch Front

Reason #172 why Utah is awesome:

One of the many great things about living in Ogden is that I can hike...in Ogden. I don't have to travel far to climb the mountains I love and they're always there when I look out my window.

Allyse and I have been hiking at least once a week, and it has been wonderful. Lately we've only been doing waterfall canyon and would love your trail suggestions.

We tell ourselves hiking is our training for the big hike at Catalina next year. We don't want to die like we did last time, and this is our way of changing it. In all honesty, we just love hiking. Who doesn't!?

Plus, it's more fun than going to the gym--sorry to all you gym people out there, but climbing a mountain is waaaay cooler.

Also! There's a big benefit of finding a waterfall at the top!




You're welcome to join us if you want to come!

"Naaaatuuuureee!!!

Goulet."

5 comments:

Jan said...

Hey, only Whitney can say, "nature-goulet" jk.

pilgrimchick said...

That is lovely scenery. I can relate--living in northern New England offers much of the same, although certainly limited by season.

Anonymous said...

Say-rah!! i need these pictures please!! i do love them. i'm/we are much more photogenic than i thought...i mean, not so bad for being all sweaty. maybe there's hope for my random CO backpacking trip of doom photo-ops.
Thanks, Topie. You are the best.

Aimee said...

Lewis peak is a difficult hike, but when you get there you can see all of ogden. its pretty sweet... and you get to hike along the ridge for a couple hours too.. round trip its 11 miles.

Claire said...

I totally miss that! There is hiking around here but it is, if you want any good, long hike, an hour away! Lame!