Wednesday, August 26, 2009

My Day One

Tuesday Gerald left for Afghanistan. He called me at 6am before he got on the plane for Maine then before he left for Ireland, so day one was bad but thankfully, not as bad as I thought it would be.

I'm not sure how the rest of this will pan out or when I'll talk to him next, so we're just going with the flow, trusting God and relying on his peace.

So until that wonderful day when G comes home, I am counting down the days.

This is my, day one is over and only 364 more to go! face...

4 comments:

Jan said...

Your first-day-face is pretty fantastic!

pilgrimchick said...

I can entirely sympathize with you, and I admire that you're going through an entire year. Currently, I am waiting out 120 days, and I believe I am down to day 97.

Meredith said...

It sucks to say "goodbye" but it makes "hello" so much better. Hang in there girly for "this too shall pass"
Love you and I'll be praying for you!

Claire said...

You CAN do it. And if it's anything like my first deployment (and what I hope my next one will be like), God will provide more peace and assurance than you have EVER experienced... truly a gift that you wouldn't otherwise experience.